Monday, July 13, 2009

365 Days of Food

I just finished working on a book project, and find myself without anything to work on project-wise. Business is deader than a proverbial doornail, but I need something new to challenge myself.

365 days projects are a dime a dozen these days, but it's good practice and gives you a commitment that forces you to be creative.

So food photography appeals to me, I know nothing about it, and it works with my equipment. Also, I love food and am married to a wonderful cook.

This project is going to be a bit different than other 365 days projects. First of all, I'm not going to post every day. That's just not possible, but I promise to post nearly every day, up until there are 365 posts.

I can't promise what direction the blog will go, but I do promise that all the food photographed will be real food really eaten. No mashed potatoes standing in for French vanilla ice cream.

This will be a learning experience for me, since the vast bulk of my work has been outdoors under natural light, but then, that's exactly the challenge I need.

Now off to re-arrange my studio and purchase some plates (garage sales here I come).

No comments:

Post a Comment